Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy:
As an Internet Service Provider, Dakota Central Telecommunications will not censor any content of information passing through it's network unless the information is deemed illegal. Dakota Central Telecommunications will cooperate with legal authorities in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil order of infringements.
Unacceptable behavior will result in immediate account termination. Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to:
- Harassing others by "Mail-bombing" or "news-bombing."
- Falsifying user information provided to Dakota Central.
- Posting articles to any newsgroups, e-mailing list, or similar form, which are off the topic according to the charter or other public statements of the forum.
- Forging any message header, sending e-mail with headers altered with the intent to disguise the sender, in part to whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through Dakota Central's services.
- Threatening bodily harm or property damage to individuals or groups.
- Distributing computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alters a computer system without the owner's consent.
- Installation of "auto-responders," "cancel-bots," or other similar mechanisms which generate excessive network traffic, disrupt newsgroups or e-mail.
- Fraud: involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the Internet that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Unsolicited advertising (a.k.a. "spamming") via e-mail newsgroups posting is prohibited. Spamming is cause for immediate termination and penalties may be charged to an account. Dakota Central considers the following activities as spamming:
- Posting or e-mailing offers such as "make money fast" and "pyramid" or chain letters.
- Making fraudulent offers of products, items or services.
- Posting unsolicited advertisements for products, items, or services to five (5) or more unrelated newsgroups, forums, mailing lists, or e-mail addresses.
- Using Dakota Central servers to relay unsolicited commercial e-mail.
- Dakota Central Allows no more than one (1) dial-up connection from a personal account at a time. A dial-up account shall not be accessed simultaneously by multiple users, using the same user id.
- Abuse of technical or customer support call center services or personnel is not tolerated. Support will not be provided to abusive users and repeated abuse may result in termination of the user's account(s).
- Prohibited Use of Products and Services:
- Resale of the company's products or services, unless specifically permitted and documented in a separate written agreement or the initial Customer Contract.